Children are constantly kicking their shoes off, usually to the frustration of their parents! But there are reasons why kiddies prefer barefoot, and with the weather warming up, its a good idea to allow your children to indulge in some barefoot time (and adults would benefit by following suit!)
5 Reasons Your Kids Kick Off Their Shoes
1. Easier to walk – the combination of rigid soles and reduced sensory perception makes walking in shoes a lot more difficult for little ones. when barefoot, kids can FEEL what is beneath them, so there is little need to look at the ground. This practice improves their proprioception and strengthens their ankle/feet muscles
2. Barefoot is natural – we are born to walk on the ground and feel the earth beneath our feet, so babies and kids feel innately more comfortable without shoes
3. Better for climbing – kids love to climb! Shoes just reduce their agility and make gripping onto trees and playground equipment harder
4. Feet are waterproof – there’s no worrying about getting shoes wet and dirty, which means kiddies can splash through puddles and wet grass without getting into trouble!
5. Feet get hot and cramped – not only are kids more comfortable without shoes, its also better for their health. Cramped feet can develop into more serious foot problems later in life whilst sweaty feet are more likely to cause bacterial infections.
So let your kids kick off their shoes this spring!
Research Podiatrist for Skeanie